Slots, also known as Slot Machines, or Poker Machine in Australia, are the most played and long-lived casino games. They occupy various corners at brick and mortar casinos, too. But at internet casinos, they constitute the larger part of the game lobby.
Structure of a Slot Machine
A slot machine is a casino game made of spinnable reels that have symbols on them.
When spun, the reels settle randomly. You win depending on which symbols you line up on a payline.
The game multiplies the credits you win by your line bet, which you set before spinning the reels.
How to Play Slots
Slot machines are quick to get the hang of and equally thrilling and fun to play. Once you understand the basic concepts, you’ll be playing like a pro in no time.
Follow these steps to play slots:
● Step 1: Identify your favourite online slot machine. There are different types of slots. It can be either progressive or classic video slot. However, they all have a screen (filled with the reels), and operating buttons like ‘spin’ and ‘max bet’. Your account balance often rests at the corner of the screen.
● Step 2: Learn the game’s paytable, which shows you how the lining symbols payout and to know the most valued ones.
● Step 3: Set the coin size, which is the amount you want to bet per line, and how many paylines to play per spin. Doing this determines the amount you bet per spin. Clicking the ‘max bet’ icon means you’ll be playing all the paylines.
● Step 4: Now spin the reels. You can do this manually per spin, or use the auto-spin button to set the number of spins you want to take before resetting your coin size again.
Remember, spinning the reels eats on your bankroll if you don’t win, and builds it if you win. You can also win free spins that give you a chance to win real money without risking your stake. When you win, slots display your prizes and offer you the opportunity to continue.
Regular vs Progressive Slots
Before the internet era, a “slot machine” meant a mechanical game featuring three reels, a lever, and a single payline. Gamblers would pull the lever to spin and eventually line up pictures of 7s, or fruits like cherries on a payline.
Today, there are a variety of slot machines. Unlike the earlier distorted images, new-generation online 3D slots are packed full with stunning HD visual effects, and with up to a hundred paylines.
And while we have thousands of slot game, we broadly classify them into two, namely:
● Regular Slots
● Progressive Slots
The deciding factor regarding which slot game to go with arises from the significant differences between these two slots. But the primary difference lies in the jackpot.
In regular slots, the maximum amount is predetermined and set by the slots developer, and a casino cannot change it.
Progressives, on the other hand, vary their jackpot. The max amounts keep growing, hence progressive. As players continue to play, a fraction of their wager adds to the pool.
Game developers ingeniously design progressive slots that the max amount you win can swell to as huge as millions of US dollars. If it’s your lucky day, such a game can make you an instant millionaire in just a few spins.
Why Slots are the Most Popular Casino Games
It’s no coincidence that slots lure a large number of players both online and at physical casinos. There are several reasons for that. Among them:
● Simplicity- Slot machines are exhilarating but easy to play. It’s simple, set your bet and spin the reels.
● Affordability- They are cheap to play, costing as little as a penny. What’s more, most casinos provide free games.
● Variety – There are thousands of slots, capturing nearly every angle of life.
● High payouts – They offer multi-million-dollar cash prizes and lots of bonus games.
In short, these slots are fun and provide value to every coin, keeping punters coming back for more.